- Why is it so hard to pursue our dreams, and get started on the creative challenges that mean so much to us?
- How can we overcome our inner Resistance to doing the things that matter?
- What rewards can we expect from persevering in the face of difficulties?
- What are the creative opportunities — and pitfalls — of social media and digital publishing?
These are some of the questions Lateral Action’s Mark McGuinness put to bestselling author Steven Pressfield in this fascinating audio seminar about the creative process and the life lessons he’s learned…
It contains the distilled wisdom of a bestselling novelist and Hollywood screenwriter, who has both the scars and trophies of a life spent wrestling with creative challenges.
This book has been an inspiration to me for years, so I was delighted to have the opportunity to speak to Steven. In the course of our hour-long conversation, Steve was extremely generous with his ideas, and unflinchingly candid about some of mistakes he has made on his own journey, and what he has learned from them. He’s a terrific raconteur, using stories about his own experiences and drawing analogies with the lives and works of other creators. And the lessons he draws from them are full of hard-won wisdom.
If you care about your work, and are trying to achieve something remarkable, this is an interview you want to download and listen to again and again.
Download the Pressfield Audio.
Photo of Steven Pressfield by Nancy Roberts.
MyCake reader offer
We’re excited to bring you a special offer to Lateral Action’s Entrepreneur Roadmap Course “How to have a great life and a great business”.
Delivered by a poet, a cartoonist, and a writer, the course is based on their experience of having built a multi-million dollar business online with no payroll and practically no overheads. This course is for Creative freelancers and anyone who wants to the freedom of running your own very small, very profitable business.
- MyCake readers will get 20% discount if you sign up as one of the first 300 attendees
- Registration is open until 6pm BST on Monday 14th June 2010
- The special price is around £270 ($395 to be exact) instead of £338 ($495)
- There is an option to make two payments of $210 over two months instead of the special single payment price
- In addition if you book by 11pm BST on Friday 11th June, you will get three bonus modules worth over £280 ($413)
Still not sure? Take a look around the blog for more articles from Lateral Action giving insights into the content for this course.